The best flowers to give to a girl shouldn’t be only about the look but also their meaning. If a girl really loves flowers, each type of flower given definitely means something to her. To impress a girl with flowers can be tricky sometimes which is why you need to be careful. Well, we all know that roses represent relationship and romance, but the colors of roses are what you should consider. For flowers in general, we will look into the 10 best choices of them to give to the girl you like. Each flower will come with a description and representation that explains them in detail.
Camellia expresses desire, faithfulness, perfection, passion, and excellence. The unique thing about these flowers is that they have different representations in different countries. For example, Camellia represents young sons and daughters in China while they symbolize the divine in Japan. But in general, red and pink camellias are the symbols of romantic love.
The name of this flower is so obvious and beautiful just like its representation. Forget-Me-Not symbolizes true and undying love, long-lasting connection, fidelity and loyalty in a relationship, and most importantly, memories. The color of the forget-me-not is soft blue which is so beautiful. Giving a woman the forget-me-not means embracing the memories that both of you have. And it also means to never forget each other no matter what happens.
Gardenia is a pure white flower whose meanings are the combination of trust, hope, purity, clarity, dreams, friendship, innocence, and protection. The best part is this type of flower makes an incredible addition to a wedding bouquet. Using them on such memorable occasions is to bring the message of love and purity to the couple. And the representation of gardenia is pure love which makes it the perfect gift for lovers, friends, and family.
Iris expresses royalty, wisdom, faith, hope, and valor in general. Got the name from Greek Goddess Iris, this type of flower also has different meanings in each color as well. Purple represents respect and compliments while blue symbolizes hope and faith. Yellow iris shows passion, and the white ones express purity and innocence.
To Christianity’s beliefs, lily represents the purity of the Virgin Mary. In general, lilies symbolize humility and devotion as well as chastity and innocence. Gifting a woman with lilies is like telling her that she is a woman of a beautiful and pure heart.
Not different from roses, orchids also come with a lot of different colors and meanings as well. But if you look at the whole context, orchids represent love, beauty, luxury, and strength. And here are some short briefs of the meanings of each color of orchids:
- Blue: We talk about blue-tinted orchids, and they represent rarity. Given orchids of that color proves that she is one of a kind, and you are lucky to have her in your life.
- Green: People believe that green orchids bring good fortune and blessings as they represent good health, nature, and longevity. Giving green orchids can be on different occasions and to different people. For the girl whom you like, that shows that you care about her and wish her all the best in health. For friends and family, green orchids make a great gift when they don’t feel very well.
- Orange: Orange orchids are perfect flowers to give to strong and independent women. This color of orchid represents enthusiasm, boldness, and pride.
- Pink: In contrast to orange, pink orchids are the best flowers to give to gentle and calm women. Pink orchids represent grace, joy, happiness, innocence, and femininity.
- Purple: Giving a woman purple orchids shows that you respect and admire her because this color represents admiration, respect, dignity, and royalty.
- White: Just like white roses, white orchids symbolize purity, elegance, beauty, and innocence.
- Yellow: And just like yellow roses, yellow orchids represent friendship, joy, and new beginnings.
Roses are by far the flowers with the most popularity, representation, and dedication. The meaning of roses is varied base on their colors as well as the numbers given. However, in general, roses express hope, promise, love, caring, and attention. Most women are likely to be delighted when the man she likes brings her a bunch of red roses. If the lady you like has a heart for flowers, red roses will surely make her very happy.
Known as the happy flowers, sunflowers are neither rare nor expensive but they are unique in their own way. Sunflower has an appearance that represents the sun, and they symbolize strength, positivity, and happiness. If you look in the general context, giving sunflowers to a woman is telling her that she is the light of your world. Romantic, wink wink. Sunflowers may not have any special fragrance, but their color simply brings joy to brighten people’s mood. If you think no man would gift his woman a sunflower, you can be the first. Happy flowers like sunflowers will surely make her happy.
In general, tulips are the flowers that represent perfect love. People are familiar with roses are a symbol of love. However, tulips possess just the same meanings except they are not a cliché gift to give. If your woman does not have any favorite flowers, in particular, tulips make awesome gifts. That is because they also represent true love, and not every man thinks of presenting tulips to a woman. That shows how considerate you are because you don’t give your woman the same gifts other men do.
The romantic moment is when a couple walks together along the garden or park, and the guy randomly picks the flowers. Wildflowers may not be as elegant and expensive as other flowers, but they also represent love. That is because wildflowers are mostly picked at random times without planning which shows how caring the man is. Wildflowers also represent unconditional love as well, and believe it or not, women are way happier getting wildflowers unexpectedly. Dates and flowers are predictable, but a walk and some wildflowers are definitely sweet and memorable.
Related Post: Roses & The Meaning Of Each Color