Laws are supposed to be something serious for people to obey to avoid chaos and crimes. However, there are some weirdest laws in many countries in the world that we have no idea why they exist. Some of the weirdest laws are so lame they funny, and we bring all of them for you today. Just so you know, we have no intention to offend or make fun of the laws of any countries. So let’s get down to them together.
1. In Switzerland, you are not allowed to flush the toilet after 10PM because it is considered as noise pollution.
2. You cannot bring gum or chew gum in public in Singapore, the country banned gum since 1992.
3. There is an old law in Scotland that if a stranger knocks on your door asking to use the toilet, you must let them in.
4. The French town of Sarpourenx forbids people from dying within the city limits unless they had already purchased a burial plot. For those who die anyway mean they disobey the law, and the punishment is severe even if they are already dead.
5. It is illegal to feed pigeons in San Francisco.
6. Forgetting your wife’s birthday is a crime in some legislator in Samoa. Not getting her a gift will also be a part of stepping on the law, so I think I’m moving to Samoa!
7. Keeping a fish hostage in a container for your own enjoyment is animal cruelty in Rome.
8. Sex toys of all types are banned in Reno, Nevada.
9. Peeing in the ocean is illegal in Portugal. How they know it, we never know.
10. Kids who live in Tuszyn, Poland must leave their Winnie the Pooh toys and accessories at home. That is because this cartoon character does not wear any pants, and he is also banned from all playgrounds and children’s areas.
11. Whaling is banned in Oklahoma. The thing is that this state is landlocked which means whaling is impossible even the law does not exist.
12. Oklahoma also bans owners of animals from putting the hind legs of farm animals in boots. That’s really weird.
13. Grabbing your crotch in any purpose will be fined in Milan, so all men should be aware.
14. It is illegal to be obese in Japan. The maximum waistline limit for men is 85 cm, and 90 cm for women.
15. According to the city law of Huntington in West Virginia, husbands are allowed to beat their wives, with condition. They can do it as long as it is on Sunday, and in public.
16. Parents must give their babies with the name that make the gender clear in Germany.
17. It is illegal for a married woman to go skydiving on Sunday in Florida. Breaking the law can result in fines, arrest, and jail time.
18. Building sandcastle is illegal on the beach in Eraclea, Italy. So make sure to not bring any bucket and spade when you go there.
19. Holding a salmon ‘suspiciously’ is a crime in England. No one has any idea why.
20. If you think Germany’s law on babies’ names is strict, then look at Denmark. The country creates a list of 7,000 government-sanctioned names for the babies. If the name you want for your baby is not on the list, then it does not get the name.
21. Chinese government bans Buddhist monks from reincarnating without the government’s express permission. Err, since when we know that we are going to reincarnate?
22. Cambodia bans all types of water weaponry, so water fight is not a common thing there. The only time you can use your squirt guns legally is during Khmer New Year in April. But if the size of your squirt guns is too big, the authority might still confiscate them.
23. You cannot wear cowboy boots unless you own at least two heads of cattle in Blythe, California.
24. In British Columbia, it is illegal to kill Bigfoot; if he exists, and if you ever find one.
25. Married women can only drink one glass of wine in La Paz, Bolivia. The law is to prevent any boozy extra-marital flirting.
26. You can camouflage clothing only if you are in the army or anti-drug forces in Barbados.
27. The pure nature country Bhutan bans all tobacco products in the country. You cannot bring them in, smoke them, or sell them.
28. Disrupting a wedding or a funeral is illegal in Australia, and you will get a fine up to $10,000 with 2 years imprisonment.
29. Australia also makes crushing beer can with breasts illegal, so make sure to show your superpower somewhere else.
30. Feather mattresses are banned in Argentina, rather than that, any other types of mattress is alright.
31. It is illegal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia.
32. It is illegal to divorce in the Philippines and the Vatican.
33. In Thailand, it is illegal to step on money. Doing so equals to insulting the king.
34. Having more than two vibrators in your home is illegal in Arizona.
35. As for Iowa, it is illegal for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman in public.
36. You cannot import potatoes into England or Wales if you have reasonable cause to believe that they are Polish.
37. Like dirty talk? No can do in Oregon. Talking dirty while having sex is illegal there.
38. In Hong Kong, there is a law that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds that he is cheating. It is legal to do so as long as she kills him with her bare hands. Challenge accepted!
39. You cannot honk in New York City, doing so will put you at a risk of paying $350 fine.
40. Farting in public after 6PM on Thursday is illegal in Florida.
41. In Honululu, Hawaii, it is illegal to sing loudly after sunset.
42. You are not allowed to change a light bulb unless you are a licensed electrician in Victoria, Australia.
43. Cheating on final exams by children of 15 and older will result in jail time in Bangladesh.
44. It is illegal to tell kids that gay people exist in Russia, Putin published that law.
45. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice cream in your pocket. Someone has done that?
46. You may not, under any circumstances, take a lion to the theater in Baltimore.
47. You must smile at all times except during funerals or visiting a hospital in Milan, Italy.
48. Driving in a dirty car is against the law in Chelyabinsk, Russia.
49. Selling toothbrush and toothpaste to the same customer on Sunday is illegal in Providence, Rhode Island.
50. You cannot pee in your neighbor’s mouth in Champagne, France. Someone must have provoked that law to be created!