Life is hard sometimes, and that is why many people committed suicide when they are at their worst point. However, killing oneself is a big mistake that many people don’t realize when they are so down. There are many causes of suicidal such as depression, debts, family or relationship problems, and many more. When they reached the point that they cannot take it anymore, they think that ending their life will end their suffer. There is a high rate of people committed suicide in Japan as well as many countries in the world. Today, we will look into some facts about this problem, so check them out.
1. 99.9% of people who committed suicide regretted it just after they did it.
2. About 2/3 of people who complete suicide are depressed at the time of their deaths.
3. Animals also commit suicide, and most of them are dogs, cows, bulls, and sheep.
4. In 2012, more US soldiers committed suicide than the ones that died in combat.
5. Each suicide intimately affects at least 6 other people including father, mother, spouse, friend, child, and boss.
6. If you commit suicide in Japan by jumping in front of a train, your family will pay the disruption fee.
7. Most people who commit suicide do it on Wednesday.
8. Nearly 30,000 Americans commit suicide every year.
9. Over 50% of all suicides are with a firearm.
10. Rudolf Diesel who was the inventor of the Diesel engine committed suicide in 1913 because he didn’t think it would be successful.
11. The Golden Gate Bridge is the number one suicide site in the world.
12. The Japanese authorities constructed a fence around a volcano at Mount Mihara to stop trend of over 2000 people committing suicide by jumping in.
13. There is an episode of Tom & Jerry that ends with both of them committing suicide.
14. Chronic depression is the number one that provokes a person to kill themselves.
15. When Ashton Kutcher was 13, he contemplated committing suicide so that he could give his heart to his dying brother.