Let’s get back to the past and see what the biggest dinosaurs are. One way to prove the size and weight of these gigantic dinosaurs is by their fossils. Scientists are amazing, and I appreciate that because learning about dinosaurs is fun somehow. There had been many species of dinosaurs roamed our world millions years ago. However, let’s just talk about the most enormous ones today. Here we have 13 biggest dinosaurs that ever lived on our beautiful planet earth.
1. ArgentinosaurusArgentinosaurus has been known to hold the title of largest dinosaur to ever lived. The estimation of the length of this dinosaur is about 30-45 meters with the weight up too 110 tons. The height of this dinosaur was about 22 meters high which is absolutely tall. The best part is you can find the original material of reconstruction of Argentinosaurus in the musuems.
2. PuertasaurusWith the weight about 97 tons, this dinosaur is absolutely gigantic. If we talk about the length from tail to head, it was about 40 meters long. The size and weight of this dinosaur proves that it was one of the hugest and tallest dinosaur to walk the earth.
3. AlamosaurusThe total estimation of Alamosaurus is about 30 meters in length and 80 tons in weight. This dinosaur had shared the earth with us since 69-68 million years ago.
Discovered in 2014, this dinosaur is one among the gigantic species among other dinosaur on earth. Its weight was about 72 tons, and its height was about 6 to 7 meters high.
5. AntarctosaurusMost dinosaur fossils are found in South America, and so is this one. Antarctosaurus is a herbivore with long neck and tail, and it is possible that they were armored. The complete skeleton has not been found yet, but the estimation of their length is about 18 meters. With the height of 6 meters and weight of about 70 tons, this dinosaur is extremely huge.
Meaning Turia Lizard, this dinosaur had been on earth about 140 million years ago. Being the largest dinosaur ever found in Europe, Turiasaurus was 36-39 meters in length, and 56.1 tons in weight.
7. BrachiosaurusBrachiosaurus is probably the only dinosaur with weight body proportion. It had a very long neck and shorter tail. Also, its forelimbs were long than the hind limbs which was rare among sauropods. This vegetarian dinosaur weighted about 32-90 tons with the height of 26 meters.
8. SauroposeidonHere we have the Earthquake God Lizard, one of the largest dinosaurs on earth. Its neck was about 12 meters, and it was the tallest dinosaur of all time with the height of 34 meters. The weight was also impressive since this herbivore was as heavy as 55-65 tons.
9. FutalognkosaurusLived about 87 million years ago, Futalognkosaurus was big in size yet a herbivore in diet routine. The estimation of their body length is about 32-34 meters from tail to head. While their height was about 26 meters with the weight of about 49 tons. Their fossils known as the most complete giant dinosaur known so far by the fossil team.
Elaltitan probably lived about 96.5 million years ago in southern part of Argentina. The weight of this dinosaur was about 42.8 tons with 30 meters of height according to the estimation from the experts.