Fast food is not something healthy to consume every day, but some of us just can’t resist it. There are many famous fast food brands out there that people love to go. What brand first comes to your mind when it comes to fast food? Today we will look into 10 most famous fast food brand in the world that you might want to try. Some of these brands have their branches in many other countries while the others don’t. So let’s see if these fast food restaurants are also in your area in case you might want to try.
1. Burger KingPeople know Burger King, and many of us love the restaurant. Its headquarters is in Florida, and it has more than 15,738 outlets in over 100 countries in the world. The founders had their way of making unique burgers, and that is why the quality still stands till today.
2. Carl’s Jr.
Carl Karcher and his wife were the founder of this fast food restaurant back in 1945. Began with just a hot dog cart in 1941, they improved and developed their technique and open the restaurant 4 years after. Till today, there are more than 3,700 franchised and company-operated restaurants in both the United States and other countries worldwide.
3. Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle is probably the only fast food restaurant with a lot of food poisoning outbreaks in the U.S. It also has its branches in other countries as well including UK, France, and Germany. By 2015, Chipotle has more than 2,000 locations which was a great succeed. However, there have been concerning regarding food safety in this restaurant since 2008. Hopefully, things go better despite those problems.
4. Dunkin’ DonutsWe wouldn’t call donuts ‘fast food’, but since it is among the best let’s include it in. Founded since 1950, Dunkin’ Donuts keeps on growing as it expands to more than 12,000 restaurants in 36 different countries. There is a varieties of donuts of course, and there are also other bakery goods, sandwiches, and beverages as well.
5. KFCKentucky Fried Chicken, my personal favorite place to go has more than 20,000 locations in 123 countries globally. The restaurant itself is not only famous for the finger lickin’ chicken but also burgers. As in my country, KFC is one of the best places that students and family love to go on weekends and holidays. Somewhere with great food to eat while talking with friends, KFC it is.
6. McDonald’sThe history is McDonald’s is absolutely interesting there was a movie about it called ‘The Founder’. The restaurant was originally founded by the McDonald brothers, Richard and Maurice in 1948. They were also the first fast food restaurant that required the customers to line up to get the food as well. Today, there are more than 36,900 outlets of McDonald in different 120 countries around the world. The company is known as the world’s second largest private employer behind Walmart.
7. Pizza HutAmericans know Pizza Hut so well, and this restaurant has more than 15,000 locations globally. The restaurant serves American-Italian dishes like penne pasta, chicken pomodro, toasted sandwiches, etc. The look of Pizza Hut is varies in different countries, but the quality is just as good as each other.
8. SubwayHere we have the fast food restaurant franchise that is famous for selling submarine sandwiches and salads. By the end of 2016, the brand already has 44,882 restaurants in 112 countries around the world. It is also known as the world’s largest single-brand restaurant chain and largest restaurant operator as well. A 6 inches sandwich sounds great to me, that’s why people love Subway.
9. Taco Bell
Taco Bell is among a lot of people’s favorite fast food restaurant to go. The place serves Texas Mexican or Tex-Mex food like tacos, burritos, nachos, and more. There are more than 7,000 Taco Bell restaurants now in both the U.S and other countries. From Europe to Asia, Taco Bell is almost everywhere to spread their great food taste to people.
I used to think the founder of Wendy’s was a female, but actually a male founder, Dave Thomas founded this restaurant in 1969. The name was given after the fourth child of Dave himself, Melinda Lou ‘Wendy’ Thomas. The little girl as the logo of the restaurant? Yup, that is her. Wendy’s is the world’s third largest hamburger fast food chain while Burger King and McDonald’s stand in first and second rank. By the beginning of 2017, Wendy’s has more than 6,537 locations in many countries throughout the world. The restaurant is known for serving traditional ‘square’ hamburgers, sea salt fries, and Frosty.