Have you ever wonder how does Disney design their location in each movie? Actually, those Disney locations are nowhere from imagination but the real places itself. From castle to castle, the movie directors are at least inspired by one place from somewhere in the world. Some places look exactly the same to the original real life design, but the others even have the same name. So, let’s take a look and these Disney locations that exist in real life here and see if you’re familiar with them.
1. Alcazar of Segovia, Spain
One castle, 2 movies. With the construction at the edge of the reef, isn’t it the perfect place for a fairytale? Perfect it is. The castle makes great location for 2 Disney movies including Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, and Cinderella. You will also find the castle in Disneyland and Disney World as well!
2. Chateau de Chillon, SwitzerlandA castle by the sea, it is so obvious that it is the perfect inspiration for Disney movie Little Mermaid. The prince who lives in the castle at coastal area where he meets a mermaid princess. Where else could better for such story? And the actual castle itself is absolutely gorgeous.
3. Hotel de Glace, CanadaYes, there is a hotel in Canada that is built from total ice and snow. You know what movie this hotel has inspired, Frozen of course. The castle that Princess Elsa lives in is actually motivated by this awesome hotel in Canada right here. The hotel itself has several rooms and mini bars that the guests can enjoy the stay. The two places are just as luxury as one another.
4. Kenya and the Samburu District
Oh yeah, Pride Rock does EXIST. When it comes to lions and savanna, nowhere can be the better inspiration than Kenya. The whole place is just the perfect location for movie the Lion King, naturally awesome.
5. Machu Picchu, PeruNot all of us have watched Emperor’s New Groove, but the place of the movie is inspired by real place. And that place is nowhere far away from the famous Machu Picchu in Peru. Machu Picchu is an ancient city built thousands years ago which is the perfect place for an ancient movie.
6. Mont Saint-Michel, FranceA place surrounded by water with castle pokes out in the center of the city, are you familiar with the look? This is where the movie ‘Tangled’ took place, and the two areas look so identical. Well, Rapunzel did not live in France, but the place seems great for the movie.
7. Neuschwanstein Castle, GermanyNow, what is your first thought when you see this castle? Of course it is the castle that appears in every beginning of Disney movie! And it is also the castle from the movie Sleeping Beauty as well. You will also see the same castle in Disneyland, or you might have already seen it.
8. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
If you have been to France, you would be familiar with this amazing cathedral. The Disney movie, ‘Hunchback of Notre Dame’ took place in France. And guess what, the cathedral actually exist with the name ‘Notre Dame’. The design and the look are absolutely similar to one another, even the gargoyles.
9. Shamrock, TexasCar 3 has just released, and guess what? The location of a town Radiator Springs in movie does exist. The gas station of Ramone is actually based on the U-Drop Inn that locates in Shamrock, Texas. More than this, Sally’s Cozy Cones also exist, and the real place is Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, Arizona.
10. Taj Mahal, India
I want to show you the world… The castle in the famous animation movie Aladdin was inspired by the beautiful castle Taj Majal in India. You can see the resemble here, stunning indeed.